At last! I have managed to finally finish the scrappy quilt I began a few months ago.
I used some Cath Kidston cotton fabric by Ikea and several ditsy florals, cut them into 4 inch square and randomly arranged them.
Thought I'd share a few pictures.
The backing I used a cotton jersey fabric and 100% cotton wadding sandwiched in the middle.
I quilted by using "Stitch in the ditch"
then following that with a decorative wiggly stitch to give a creative design on the reverse.
I binded the edges with satin bias binding. Sewing it to the reverse and the stitching it to the front.
It's so lovely and warm and is big enough to go on my bed or to snuggle up in on the couch. It's the first quilt I have actually made for myself!
Happy sewing xx